Kasim is 100% committed to building the public’s trust and faith in Atlanta city government, and understands that begins with the mayor. Kasim supports the current City Council’s legislation to create an Office of Inspector General and will give full support to that office and respect its independence. Additionally, if he receives the privilege of serving as mayor again, he will implement additional measures to ensure that ethics remain at the center of the administration. Give full support to the Office of Inspector General and respect its independence.
- Financial background screening of all senior-level hires.
- Enhanced transparency and disclosure – publication of tax returns for himself and members of his senior team.
- Quarterly ethics training for the Mayor's cabinet and senior team.
- Incorporate an ethics council into the Office of the Mayor.
- Require individuals lobbying the executive and/or legislative branch to register as a lobbyist.