We are blessed to have many wonderful attractions here in Atlanta. Not only do they serve to entertain and enhance life for our residents, they also serve as a magnet for national and international travelers. From the fabulous Fox Theatre to the High Museum, majestic Mercedes-Benz Stadium to State Farm Arena, the moving of Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park to the Carter Center, our city offers an unparalleled variety of cultural, historical, and sporting attractions. As mayor, Kasim will use these and other sites as a springboard to make Atlanta the Cultural Gateway to the US.
Great cities have great art. To that end, Kasim will invest even more in expanding and supporting the arts community in Atlanta. We will create the Arte Noir Atlanta and base it in Castleberry Hill. It will feature film festivals, local and international visual artists, and will have an educational component in conjunction with APS. We will also support and grow cultural events like our annual Pride Weekends. There is much to be proud of in Atlanta, and we are going to show it off to the world.
- Continue working with our partners at the State level, as well as the film and TV industry, to bring more production projects to Atlanta.
- Attract more major sporting events to our city – Super Bowls, Final Fours, and NBA All-Star Weekends.
- Support our annual Pride weekends, the largest gatherings of LGBTQ+ and allies in the Southeast.
Make Castleberry Hill the home of Arte Noir Atlanta, the cultural center of the city.
- Partner with film studios to develop an academy or accreditation program for Atlanta residents who want to pursue film careers.
- Arte Noir Atlanta Ed - Work with APS to expand arts, music, and film curriculum and expand magnet schools focusing on the arts.